Welcome! Thank you for your interest in supporting the Gillings School. SPH Advancement assists donors seeking to make current or future gifts to Gillings in the most advantageous manner. Below are several options for planned gifts. Please call 919-966-0198 or visit our contact us.
By designating the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Public Health Foundation, Inc. as beneficiary of your retirement assets (IRA, 403b, 401k, etc.), you can establish an endowment that will have an impact on our students and faculty for perpetuity. You can designate how your gift will be used and can pledge all or a portion of your IRA funds.
What are the benefits of making a gift through retirement assets?
- You do not impact your current lifestyle
- Lessens the burden of taxes on your beneficiaries
- Simple and easy documentation
You designate the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Public Health Foundation, Inc. as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust or other instrument.
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
Charitable Gift Annuity
You transfer your cash or appreciated property to our organization in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed income (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
What are the benefits of a charitable gift annuity?
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
- Further the charitable work of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with your gift
You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
What are the benefits of a charitable unitrust?
- Receive income for life, for a term of up to 20 years or life plus a term of up to 20 years
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable portion of the trust
- Establish a future legacy gift to our organization
Charitable Lead Trust
You transfer your cash or property to fund a lead trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. You receive a charitable deduction for the gift. Your family receives the remainder at substantial tax savings.
What are the benefits of a charitable lead trust?
- Receive a gift or estate tax charitable deduction
- Pass inheritance on to family at a reduced or zero cost
- Establish a vehicle from which you can make annual gifts to charity
Retained Life Estate
You may desire to leave your home or farm to us at your death, but would like to receive a current charitable tax deduction. A life estate reserved might offer the solution you need!
What are the benefits of a life estate reserved?
- Receive a federal income tax deduction for the value of the remainder interest in your home or farm
- Preserve your lifetime use and control of your home or farm
- Create a life estate based on more than one life. This will preserve the use of the property for you and a loved one, such as a spouse or dependent child
Our Tax ID is
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Public Health Foundation, Inc.