Do you want to make an impact with your gift? Giving to the Annual Fund supports the School and its eight academic units in areas of our greatest need. Your Annual Fund gift supports:
Annual Fund Scholarships
Providing financial assistance to students is one of the School’s top priorities. In 2009, we created Annual Fund Scholarships to designate funds to every academic unit. To date, we have had 69 Annual Fund Scholars. More contributions will result in more scholarships.
We are committed to creating an academic environment that spurs innovation, fosters curiosity, cultivates entrepreneurship, and is a catalyst for solutions. We do so by hosting lectures, expert speakers and conferences that cover emerging issues and connect us to a broader public health community. To learn more about these educationally engaging events–and experience them for yourself, please visit our webcasts page.
Connecting Students and Alumni
Our students and alumni are doing amazing things in public health–and the more we connect, the more we can learn from one another and achieve our common goal of improving public health for all! When we come together for educational events, mentoring, career development, research and service projects we bring public health solutions from the well to the world.
Your gift is not only a vote of confidence in the School, our people, programs and future, but in the future of public health. We are grateful for gifts of any amount. Together these gifts have great impact and help us continue to prepare the next generation of public health heroes. Make your gift today or learn about creative ways to make a gift.
Annual Leadership Giving–The Rosenau Society
Named in honor of Milton J. Rosenau, MD, the first dean of UNC’s School of Public Health, the Rosenau Society recognizes benefactors who make an unrestricted contribution of $1,000 or more during a given fiscal year (July 1-June 30) to the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health or one (or more) of its departments or programs. The Rosenau Society allows us to recognize and thank our alumni and friends who generously support the Annual Fund. Giving at the Rosenau Society level comes with benefits, including invitations to member-only events, preferred seating at School lectures, and special School communications. Membership must be renewed on an annual basis. In honor of the School’s upcoming 75th anniversary in 2015, we are offering special giving opportunities:
- Half-price Rosenau Society giving levels for undergraduate and graduate alumni who are one to five years post-graduation.
- For the next three years, recurring monthly gifts of $75 by credit card or bank draft qualify for Dean’s Circle membership–a savings of $100 each year.
- The 75th Society is a new leadership giving level to recognize donors who give a minimum of $2,500 each year or a total of $7,500 over the next three years.
The Rosenau Society Leadership Giving Levels
Membership based upon annual support totaling $1,000 – $1,999
(For undergraduate and graduate alumni between one and five years post-graduation, $500 – $999)
Membership based upon annual support totaling $2,000 – $4,999
(For undergraduate and graduate alumni between one and five years post-graduation, $1,000 – $2,499)
Membership based upon annual support totaling $5,000 – $9,999
(For undergraduate and graduate alumni between one and five years post-graduation, $2,500 – $4,999)
Membership based upon annual support totaling $10,000 – $24,999
(For undergraduate and graduate alumni between one and five years post-graduation, $5,000 – $12,499)
Membership based upon annual support totaling $25,000+
(For undergraduate and graduate alumni between one and five years post-graduation, $12,500+)
Rosenau Society Benefits
As a member of the Rosenau Society, you are among the School’s most generous donors, and we are grateful for your loyalty and support. One way we like to thank you is by offering the following benefits:
Dean’s Circle members
• Listing on the Wall of Honor in the main entrance to Rosenau Hall
• Invitations to School events including the World of Difference Dinner
• Reserved seating at large School events
• Recognition in School publications
Chancellor’s Circle members
• All benefits of the Dean’s Circle
• Membership in UNC’s 1793 Society
• Special acknowledgment from the Chancellor
• Listing in the University’s Annual Report
President’s Circle members
• All benefits of the Dean’s and Chancellor’s Circles
• Membership in UNC’s Carolina Society
• Invitations from the president of the Public Health Foundation board to attend the board’s special briefings and events
• Option to choose a complimentary book by one of our distinguished faculty members or alumni
Governor’s Circle members
• All benefits of the Dean’s, Chancellor’s and President’s Circles
• Option to have a special luncheon with the Dean
Founder’s Circle members
• All benefits of the Dean’s, Chancellor’s, President’s and Governor’s Circles
• Option to have a private briefing with the Dean