- This event has passed.
UNC Gillings Diversity Orientation
August 18, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Diversity Orientation connects UNC Gillings students from various groups (e.g., students of color, international students, transfer students, LGBTQ students, students with families or students who have been out of school for more than 10 years) to each other and to related resources. This orientation is created to assist students in transitioning to a new chapter in life. A continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
Register for the UNC Gillings Diversity Orientation
- 8:30 a.m. – Networking breakfast
- 9:15 a.m. – UNC Gillings welcome and orientation overview
- 9:30 a.m. – University resources and environment
- 10:45 a.m. – Break
- 11 a.m. – Successfully navigating at UNC Gillings
- 12 noon – Remarks by Dean Barbara K. Rimer
- 12:15 p.m. – Lunch and presentation on “Successfully Navigating in the Academy” (led by Antonio Bush, PhD, assistant professor and educational innovation and research assistant director in the Office of Strategic Planning and Assessment)
- 1 p.m. – Evaluations