- This event has passed.
ASPPH Webinar: Diversity and Inclusive Excellence
October 24, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
This session, sponsored by the ASPPH Diversity and Inclusion Committee, will bring attention to factors that influence diversity and inclusion efforts on campuses, including models in schools and programs of public health. Speakers will present strategies and promising practices to promote a culture of inclusion and advance a diverse student and faculty pipeline. The webinar will also provide an opportunity for discussion among participants and presenters to identify policies and practices that are essential to improve the climate for diversity.
- Understand the status of diversity and inclusion activities within schools and programs of public health as well as the larger university;
- Reflect on and discuss innovative approaches to create a sustained model diversity and inclusion programs; and,
- Identify and discuss the leadership attributes needed to effectively facilitate an environment characterized by, and supportive of, diversity and inclusion.
- Melody S. Goodman, Associate Professor and Interim Chair of Biostatistics, New York University College of Global Public Health
- Toni L. Thibeaux, Program Coordinator, Cornell University MPH Program
- Kauline Cipriani, Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence, Gillings School of Global Public Health
For more information and to register, please visit the website.