Students in the department often align their interests with one of our research strengths including:
- Characterizing exposures to contaminants in air, water, soil and workplaces;
- Developing engineering and policy solutions to environmental risks;
- Using molecular approaches to understanding diseases caused by toxic substances in the environment; and
- Overcoming environmental health challenges in developing countries.
Ready to Apply?
Visit our Apply page for more information.
If you’re planning a visit to the Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, please contact Rhoda Cerny, assistant to the chair.
The Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering is part of the Gillings School of Global Public Health, located in Rosenau Hall on the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.
Driving directions to the School and parking options around the area can be found at our Maps and Directions page.
If you are planning a trip to UNC, you may also wish to visit the University visitor information site or view the University campus map. The Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau also has a list of local accommodation options.
Need more information?
Still have questions?
- I Am Because We Are: Interrelated Realities January 22 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Mental Health First Aid Training January 24 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Connect, Engage, Transform: Rural Community Partnerships January 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm