Alumni Inclusive Excellence Committee
The Alumni Inclusive Excellence Committee will work to fulfill the following recommendations from the action plan:
- Recommendation 3: Significantly improve our approaches to communicating about our inclusion, equity and anti-racism efforts.
- Recommendation 5: Improve recruitment and retention of UNC Gillings faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Engage and inform the UNC Gillings community about the accomplishments and goals embedded in our inclusive excellence efforts.
- Share the experiences of alumni who belong to underrepresented groups and offer practical suggestions to improve the lived experience of current students, faculty and staff.
- Support our inclusive excellence priorities by recruiting alumni ambassadors, ensuring that student voices have representation and confirming that the priorities are sustainable.
- Increase authentic engagement relationships between alumni of color and the Gillings School.
Alumni Inclusive Excellence CommitteeWe would like to hear from you! Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions for the Alumni Inclusive Excellence Committee.
Alumni Inclusive Excellence Committee Leadership
Stephanie Baker, Co-Chair
PhD 2013 (HB)
Public Health Studies
Anita P. Holmes, JD Co-Chair
MPH 1972 (HB)
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Jessica Bell van der Wal
BSPH 2006 (HPM)
Co-founder and Partner
vdB Consulting, LLC
BS 2003, MPH 2007 (HB)
Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Blue Cross NC
Ashton N. Madison
MPH 2017 (HB)
Cooperative Studies Program
Durham VA Health Care
Katie L. McMillan
MPH 2013 (MCH)
Duke University Health System,
Mobile App Gateway
BSPH 2008, MHA 2013 (HPM)
Operations & Management Services
Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Health