Wayne Rosamond, PhD
Wayne Rosamond in the Gillings News
- Gillings School researchers support multi-center national study on blood pressure interventions
- Rosamond honored by American Heart Association for cardiovascular research mentorship
- Study links fewer steps per day, slower movement with decreased odds of weight gain in Hispanic/Latinos
- New study aims to help stroke survivors achieve blood pressure goals
- Genetics may determine different clinical outcomes for individuals with atherosclerosis
Cardiovascular Disease Epidemiology
Medical Care Quality Improvement
Heart disease and stroke statistics - 2007 Update: A report from the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. et al., Katherine Flegal, Gary Friday, Karen Furie, Alan Go, Kurt Greenlund, Nancy Haase, Michael Ho, Yuling Hong, Virginia Howard, Bret Kissela, Steven Kittner, Donald Lloyd-Jones, Mary McDermott, James Meigs, Claudia Moy, Graham Nichol, Christopher O'Donnell, Veronique Roger, Wayne Rosamond, John Rumsfeld, Paul Sorlie, Julia Steinberger, Thomas Thom, Sylvia Wasserthiel-Smoller (2007). Circulation, 115(5), e69-e171.
Twenty-two-year trends in incidence of myocardial infarction, coronary heart disease mortality, and case fatality in 4 US communities, 1987-2008. Lloyd Chambless, L Chambless, Josef Coresh, J Coresh, Aaron Folsom, A Folsom, Gerardo Heiss, G Heiss, Thomas Mosley, T Mosley, Hanyu Ni, H Ni, Wayne Rosamond, W Rosamond, Lynne Wagenknecht, L Wagenknecht, Eric Whitsel, E Whitsel (2012). Circulation, 125(15), 1848-1857.
Trends in the sensitivity, positive predictive value, false-positive rate, and comparability ratio of hospital discharge diagnosis codes for acute myocardial infarction in four US communities, 1987-2000. Erin Bell, Lloyd Chambless, Aaron Folsom, Wayne Rosamond, J. Smith, Paul Sorlie, Shimon Weitzman (2004). American Journal of Epidemiology, 160(12), 1137-1146.
Neighborhood socioeconomic status, Medicaid coverage and medical management of myocardial infarction: Atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) community surveillance. Randi Foraker, Wayne Rosamond, Kathryn Rose, Chirayath Suchindran, Eric Whitsel, Joy Wood (2010). BMC Public Health, 10.
Retinopathy and risk of congestive heart failure. Patricia Chang, David Couper, Aaron Folsom, Larry Hubbard, Ronald Klein, Wayne Rosamond, A. Sharrett, Tien Wong (2005). Journal of the American Medical Association, 293(1), 63-69.
- PhD, Epidemiology, University of Minnesota, 1992
- PhD, Nutrition/Physiology, University of Minnesota, 1983
- BS, Human Nutrition, Colorado State University, 1980