Stephanie L. Martin, PhD
Stephanie Martin in the Gillings News
- UNC awarded $90M global health PEARL project to support localized generation and use of evidence and data
- Researchers awarded Helmsley Charitable Trust grant to implement portable ultrasound in Zambia
- Preserving and promoting breastfeeding support in Appalachia
- Looking at the impact of COVID-19 on exclusive breastfeeding in Kenya and beyond
- Improving maternal and child nutrition is a family endeavor
NUTR 723: Community Nutrition
Facilitators and barriers to providing breastfeeding and lactation support to families in Appalachia: A mixed-methods study with lactation professionals and supporters. Seiger ER, Wasser HM, Hutchinson S, Foster G, Sideek R, Martin SL. (2022). American Journal of Public Health, 112(S8), S797-S806.
Fathers and grandmothers experiences participating in peer dialogue groups for improved maternal and child nutrition. Thuita F, Mukuria AG, Muhomah T, Locklear K, Grounds SC, Martin SL (2021). Maternal & Child Nutrition, 17.
Mixed-methods systematic review of behavioral interventions in low- and middle-income countries to increase family support for maternal, infant, and young child nutrition during the first 1,000 days. Martin SL, McCann JK, Gascoigne E, Allotey D, Fundira D, Dickin KL (2020). Current Developments in Nutrition, 4(6).
Adherence-specific social support enhances adherence to calcium supplement regimens among pregnant women. Martin SL, Omotayo MO, Pelto GH, Chapleau GM, Stoltzfus RJ, Dickin KL (2017). Journal of Nutrition, 147(4), 688-696.
Adherence partners are an acceptable behavior change strategy to support calcium and iron-folic acid supplementation among pregnant women in Ethiopia and Kenya. Martin SL, Omotayo MO, Chapleau GM, Stoltzfus RJ, Birhanu Z, Ortolano SE, Pelto GH, Dickin KL (2016). Maternal & Child Nutrition, 13(3).
What motivates maternal and child nutrition peer educators? Experiences of fathers and grandmothers in western Kenya. Martin SL, Muhoma T, Thuita FM, Bingham A, Mukuria AG (2015). Social Science & Medicine, 143(1), 45–53.
- PhD, Nutrition, Cornell University, 2016
- MEd, Adult Education, George Mason University, 2003
- BA, International Studies, American University, 1997