Shabbar I. Ranapurwala, PhD
As core faculty in the UNC Injury Prevention Research Center, Dr. Ranapurwala studies:
- Prescription and non-prescription opioid use disorders and overdoses;
- Gender-based violence;
- Occupational injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries in sports; and
- The application of causal inference research methods, including DAGs, to these substantive areas.
The UNC Injury Prevention Research Center collaborates closely with the Injury and Violence Prevention Branch of the Division of Public Health in the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. As part of this long-standing collaboration, Dr. Ranapurwala is an active member of the state's Opioid and Prescription Drug Abuse Advisory Council's Research and Evaluation Core.
Staff/Administrative Duties- Research Assistant Professor, UNC Department of Epidemiology
- Core Faculty, UNC Injury Prevention Research Center
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Iowa Department of Epidemiology