Naya Villarreal, MPH
Naya Villarreal, MPH
Naya Villarreal, MPH, is the Gillings Global Health Associate Director in Research, Innovation and Global Solutions at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health. The Global Health Solutions unit promotes and advances the Gillings School’s global activities in research, service, practice and teaching through partnerships, internships, outreach and communications. Ms. Villarreal manages Schoolwide global health programming, including global fellowships, internships, and travel awards. She develops and maintains the Global Health Solutions communication's strategy and website. Ms. Villarreal also advises students and student groups, and promotes the Gillings School's global health activities on campus and with our partners.
Ms. Villarreal currently serves as the Consortium of Universities for Global Health Campus Representative for UNC-Chapel Hill and is a member their Global Health Program Advisory Service. She is a member of the Triangle Global Health Consortium.
Prior to joining the Gillings School, Ms. Villarreal worked at Martha Eliot Health Center in Jamaica Plain, MA, and served as a United States Peace Corps Volunteer in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Ms. Villarreal earned a BA in political science from the University of California-Los Angeles and a MPH in international health, specializing in program management, from Boston University School of Public Health.
SPHG 701: Leading from the Inside-Out
- HIV/AIDS prevention
- Health communication
- Advise current and prospective students regarding global health programs and opportunities
- Develops and manages global health communications strategy
- Content manager of global health webpages and social media sites
- Oversee the administration of the Residential Graduate Certificate in Global Health, along with the Associate Dean for Global Health
- Manage global health internships/fellowships administered by Research, Innovation and Global Solutions
- Manages Schoolwide travel awards
- Maintain communications/relationship with global partners
- Advisor for the Student Global Health Committee
- Assist the Managing Director in hosting international visitors
- Promote global health on campus and with school partners
MPH, International Health, Boston University School of Public Health, 2012
BA, Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005