Matthew Loop, PhD
Dr. Loop is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Biostatistics at the Gillings School and the department's Collaborative Studies Coordinating Center.
Dr. Loop attempts to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease (CVD) by applying statistical methods.
Current statistical topics of interest (with varying levels of current understanding) are:
1. multi-level modeling with poststratification (MRP) for survey data
2. multi-level modeling
3. statistical learning for event classification in population-based studies
4. disease surveillance when diagnostic procedures change over time
Current applied topics of interest:
1. reducing prevalence and consequences of hypertension
2. treatment and outcomes of patients with heart failure
3. geographic distribution of risk factors for cardiovascular disease
If you would like to discuss any of these projects, please email Dr. Loop and schedule an appointment.
PhD, Biostatistics, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2015
MS, Biostatistics, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2012
BS, Biology, The University of Alabama, 2010