Mary Cleary, MPH
Training specialist Mary Cleary has many years of experience in the coordination and delivery of public health programs, technical assistance, training and community education. With an undergraduate degree in child development and a master's degree in public health education and maternal and child health from UNC-Chapel Hill, Mary has worked for local resource and referral agencies, Smart Start, the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute and the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health. She has worked at the local, state, national and international level while maintaining a professional commitment to improving the health and well-being of children and families. Mary has three grown children and has lived happily in downtown Durham for 34 years.
Mary is interested in group facilitation and training development. She also is a yoga teacher, childbirth educator and labor doula.
Mary focuses on early childhood education and patient advocacy.
- Design and coordinate statewide training and technical assistance for child care centers and homes, focusing on issues of quality care, coaching and consultation, health and safety
- Support child care health consultants delivering direct service to child care facilities and family child care homes
- Coordinate and teach online train-the-trainer courses to improve quality of early care and education
- Contribute content to quarterly newsletter
- Maintain database of consultants and continuing education activities
- Present materials and trainings at local and statewide meetings and conferences
MPH, Health Education / Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill