Kristen Hassmiller Lich, PhD
Kristen Hassmiller Lich in the Gillings News
- NIH and FDA award $18.6M to UNC Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science
- Gillings faculty support new Creativity Hub focused on mental health
- Mapping the journey to adopt glucose monitoring technology among older adults with Type 1 diabetes
- COVID-19 simulation shows importance of continued safety efforts during vaccine distribution
- Giving a global voice to minority smoking inequities
Honors and Awards
Inaugural Systems Science Scholar
2015, Academy Health
- Applying operations research to complex systems
- Applying econometrics tools to problems in health and health care
- Tobacco policy (domestic and international)
- Tuberculosis control
- Infectious disease modeling
Strategic planning to reduce the burden of stroke among veterans: using simulation modeling to inform decision making. C Beadles, H Bosworth, D Bravata, E Cheng, J Homer, K Lich, D Matchar, Y Tian, L Williams (2014). Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation, 45(7), 2078-84.
The Effects of State Psychiatric Hospital Waitlist Policies on Length of Stay and Time to Readmission. A Ellis, M Kosorok, E La, K Lich, J Morrissey, M Swartz, R Zhu (2014). Administration and policy in mental health.
Endocrine therapy initiation among Medicaid-insured breast cancer survivors with hormone receptor-positive tumors. R Goyal, R Kohler, K Lich, C Melvin, A Moore, H Muss, K Reeder-Hayes, T Smith, S Wheeler (2014). Journal of cancer survivorship : research and practice.
Enhancing Dissemination and Implementation Research Using Systems Science Methods. J Burke, K Lich, P Mabry, H Meissner, J Neal, M Yonas (2014). International journal of behavioral medicine.
Patient-centered medical homes and oral anticoagulation therapy initiation. C Beadles, M Brookhart, S Greene, K Hassmiller Lich, A Viera, M Weinberger (2014). Medical care research and review : MCRR, 71(2), 174-91.
- BS, Psychology and Gerontology, University of Akron, 1996
- MHA, Public Health, University of Michigan, 2000
- PhD, Health Services Organization and Policy, University of Michigan, 2007