Karla Townley-Tilson, MBA
Karla Townley-Tilson is the academic coordinator in the environmental sciences and engineering department; she has more than 11 years of higher education experience. She started her career in the registrar's office at UNC, and most recently served as the assistant registrar for scheduling. Her next stop on campus was as the director of academic advising for the MPA@UNC program in the School of Government. In this role, she was able to work with a new program from inception to implementation, which was a very exciting process.
For the last three years, Karla has been working at the University of Houston-Downtown as the associate director of the MBA program. She was responsible for providing leadership, direction and management oversight for all activities within the MBA program office. During this time, the program went from the smallest in Houston to the largest, with 1,200 students enrolled in three years.
Karla is a native Vermonter who enjoys visiting family in the winter but is happy not to experience the long winters anymore!
- Assist students with all student services activities for the environmental sciences and engineering department
- Assist with the admissions process
- Help students with registration, graduation, and other academic and administrative issues
- Maintain student and alumni data
- Schedule classes and classrooms
- Manage student event planning for the department
MBA, Business Administration, Meredith College, 2012
BS, Marketing, Syracuse University, 2002