Julie Theriault, MA
Julie Theriault, MA
Julie Theriault is the assistant to the chair for the Department of Maternal and Child Health at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Gillings School for Global Public Health.
Prior to this role, Julie helped to develop the SAFEchild Advocacy Center in Raleigh, N.C., which provides comprehensive medical, mental health and advocacy services to child abuse victims and their non-offending families. As the organization's intake and advocacy services coordinator, Julie worked directly with families and professionals to help provide the best holistic care for children who had experienced trauma.
Julie, a Massachusetts native, previously worked in advocacy and child abuse prevention in Alamance County and has a background in providing clinical mental health services to children.
Honors and AwardsStaff Excellence Award
2021, Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Manage complex and varied tasks associated with supporting the work of the department chair.
- Ensure day-to-day functions in the office of the chair are met.
- Make decisions relative to scheduling the chair’s time and travel.
- Serve as liaison for all staff, faculty and others outside the department who communicate with the chair’s office.
- Provide administrative and logistical oversight for major department projects and initiatives.
- Manage and oversee special events for the department.
- Initiate the necessary paperwork for faculty appointments for permanent and adjunct positions.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for faculty recruitment visits.
- Provide administrative support for the director of graduate studies, director of the master’s program and the business manager.
- Post on social media and update the department webpage with news and accomplishments of faculty, staff and students.
- Supervise one student worker.
MA, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, North Carolina Central University
BA, Human Services, Elon University