Fei Zou, PhD
Fei Zou, PhD
Dr. Zou’s research interests lie in the development and examination of the theoretical methodologies and statistical properties appropriate for the interpretation of genetic data. She is highly experienced in genetic mapping (genome-wide linkage and association in mice and humans), genome-wide association mapping, copy number variation analysis, micro-array data analysis and next-generation sequencing data analysis.
Dr. Zou is a core member of the Carolina Center for Genome Sciences. She is a member of the Center for Integrated Systems Genetics, an NIH-funded center to exploit the utility of the Collaborative Cross mouse model to delineate genetic and environmental determinants of complex psychiatry phenotypes. She is also the director of the biostatistics/bioinformatics core of UNC Neuroscience Center Research Cores.
Honors and AwardsDavid Byar Young Investigator Award
2001, Joint Statistical MeetingGordon Research Fellowship
2001, University of North Carolina at Chapel HillFellowship
1995, Ohio State UniversityExcellent Graduate Student Fellowship
Statistical Methods in Quantitative Genetics (BIOS 783), Spring 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010
Intermediate Linear Models (BIOS 663), Spring 2009, 2011, 2013
Basic Elements of Probability and Statistical Inference (BIOS 550), Fall 2004
Biostatistics in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (GNET 215), Fall 2003-2005, 2007, Spring 2010
Statistical Methods in Human Genetics (BIOS 781), Fall 2012, 2014
1. American Journal of Epidemiology
2. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics
3. The Annals of Applied Statistics
4. Annals of Statistics
5. The Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics
8. BMC Genetics
9. Canadian Journal of Statistics
10. Genetic Epidemiology
12. Genetic Selection Evolution
13. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
14. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics
15. Journal of American Statistical Association
16. The international Journal of Biostatistics
17. Theoretical and Applied Genetics
18. Lifetime Data Analysis
19. Mammalian Genomics
20. Statistics in Medicine
21. Scientific Committee Member, 2002 International Conference on Critical Assessment of Microarray Data Analysis
22. the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics
23. the International Journal of Biostatistics
Service to the University
1. Faculty of the UNC-CH Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Training Program.
2. Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BCB) curriculum committee.
Service to the Department of Biostatistics
1. Graduate Admissions Committee 2003-present
2. Graduate Studies Committee 2001-2006
3. Faculty Search Committee 2002, 2003, 2005
4. Masters Examinations Committee 2006-present
5. Seminar Committee 2008-present
The genome architecture of the collaborative cross mouse genetic reference population. et al., Lois Balmer, Michael Hall, Fuad Iraqi, Mustafa Mahajne, Glynn Manship, Grant Morahan, Yasser Salaymah, Hani Sandovski, Hanna Tayem, Karin Vered (2012). Genetics, 190(2), 389-401.
Gaussian process based bayesian semiparametric quantitative trait loci interval mapping. Fuxia Cheng, Ina Hoeschele, Hanwen Huang, Haibo Zhou, Fei Zou (2010). Biometrics, 66(1), 222-232.
Transcriptome atlases of mouse brain reveals differential expression across brain regions and genetic backgrounds. Ryan Buus, R Buus, James Crowley, J Crowley, Seunggeun Lee, S Lee, Leonard McMillan, L McMillan, Darla Miller, D Miller, F Pardo-Manuel de Villena, Patrick Sullivan, P Sullivan, Wei Sun, W Sun, Fernando Villena, Jeremy Wang, J Wang, Fred Wright, F Wright, Zaining Yun, Z Yun, Vasyl Zhabotynsky, V Zhabotynsky, Fei Zou, F Zou (2012). G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics, 2(2), 203-211.
The interactive decision committee for chemical toxicity analysis. Wright A, Kang C, Zou F, Zhu H, Kosorok R Journal of Statistical Research, 46.
SeeQTL: A searchable database for human eQTLs. Shunping Huang, Vered Madar, Andrey Shabalin, Patrick Sullivan, Wei Sun, Wei Wang, Fred Wright, Kai Xia, Yi-Hui Zhou, Fei Zou (2012). Bioinformatics, 28(3), 451-452.
PhD, Statistics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2001
MS, Mathematical Statistics, Wuhan University, 1993
BS, Mathematics, Wuhan University, 1990