Donglin Zeng, PhD
Dr. Donglin Zeng is an adjunct professor at the Gillings School.
Dr. Zeng is an expert on modern empirical process theory and semiparametric efficiency theory. He has made important contributions to survival analysis, causal inference, missing data, semiparametric models, statistical genetics, personalized medicine, machine learning and high-dimensional data.
He has published over 100 papers, most of which have appeared in first-tier statistical journals. Dr. Zeng is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
Donglin Zeng in the Gillings News
- ASA SPAIG award honors Gillings School partnership with Merck, NCI
- Bivalent COVID-19 boosters effectively protect against new omicron subvariants
- COVID-19 vaccines, boosters and prior infection provide durable protection against severe outcomes of infection
- Lin’s New England Journal of Medicine article makes case for children’s COVID-19 boosters
- Study shows COVID-19 vaccines provide lasting protections
Honors and Awards
2011, American Statistical Association
2010, Institute of Mathematical Statistics
Roy Kuebler Fund Award, Department of Biostatistics
2008, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Noether Young Scholar Award
2008, American Statistical Association
Junior Faculty Developmental Award
2006, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Center for AIDS Research Development Award
2002, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Dr. Zeng has taught:
Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference I (BIOS 760), Fall 2006, 2007, 2011, 2013, 2015
Statistical Learning and High-dimensional Data (BIOS 740), Spring 2011, 2013
Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference (BIOS 760), Fall 2009, 2013
Personalized medicine, machine learning, biomarker discovery, clinical trials, electronic health records, semiparametirc modelling, survival analysis, high dimensional inference.
Serves in many editorial boards and NIH study sections.
- PhD, Statistics, University of Michigan, 2001
- MS, Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China, 1995
- BS, Mathematics, University of Science & Technology of China, 1993