Donglin Zeng, PhD
Dr. Donglin Zeng is a professor at the Gillings School and the co-director of the Carolina Survey Research Laboratory.
Dr. Zeng is an expert on modern empirical process theory and semiparametric efficiency theory. He has made important contributions to survival analysis, causal inference, missing data, semiparametric models, statistical genetics, personalized medicine, machine learning and high-dimensional data.
He has published over 100 papers, most of which have appeared in first-tier statistical journals. Dr. Zeng is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
Honors and AwardsElected Fellow
2011, American Statistical AssociationElected Fellow
2010, Institute of Mathematical StatisticsRoy Kuebler Fund Award, Department of Biostatistics
2008, The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillNoether Young Scholar Award
2008, American Statistical AssociationJunior Faculty Developmental Award
2006, The University of North Carolinaat Chapel HillCenter for AIDS Research Development Award
2002, The University of North Carolinaat Chapel Hill
Dr. Zeng has taught:
Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference I (BIOS 760), Fall 2006, 2007, 2011, 2013, 2015
Statistical Learning and High-dimensional Data (BIOS 740), Spring 2011, 2013
Advanced Probability and Statistical Inference (BIOS 760), Fall 2009, 2013
Semiparametric and nonparametric inference
Dr. Zeng's current interest is theoretical development on semiparametric inference and high dimensional data, with particular application to survival data and longitudinal data in biomedical studies. He also works on coupling likelihood-based methods with problems in some genetic fields. Other applied areas he is involved with include statistical analysis of angiography images, breast cancer image diagnostics, cancer survival and AIDS studies.
1. Member of NIH study section (CICS), 2011
2. Chair of awards committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2011-present
3. Member of examination committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2001-2011
4. Member of awards committee in School of Public Health at UNC, 2008
5. Member of awards committee and examination committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2008 6. Member of awards committee and examination committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2007
7. Member of search committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2006
8. Member of graduate study committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2003-2004
9. Chair of seminar committee (Biostatistics, UNC), 2003-2005
10. Associate editor: JASA A&C (2012-), Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference (2012-), Statistics Surveys (2010-), Annals of Statistics (2008-2009)
11. Referee service: JASA, Annals of Statistics, Biometrika, Biometrics, Statistica Sinica, JRSSB, Scandivian Journal of Statistics, Lifetime Data Analysis, Annals of International Mathematical Statistics, Journal of Planning and Statistical Inference, Statistics and Probability Letter, Statistics in Medicine, Canadian Journal of Statistics, NSF grant proposals, Singapore National Medical Research Council grant proposals
12. Conference service: (a) organizer of the invited session on semiparametric models in survival analysis in WNAR/IMS meeting (2006); (b) organizer of the invited session on semiparametric inference in USC Nonparametric Statistical Conference (2007); (c) organizer of the invited session on semiparametric models in ICSA (2008); (d) organizer of the IMS invited session on high- dimensional data in JSM (2009); (e) ENAR local committee (2011); (f) Biometrics Section CE chair (2012-2013)