Deshana Cabasan-Hunte is the business services coordinator for Student Affairs, where she supports the Associate Dean and Directors in assisting current and prospective students create their path to educational success.
A transplant from New York, Deshana served on the Executive Board of a public charter elementary school before joining as the school’s first parent coordinator, a position she created in service to the families of the school. As a parent coordinator, she developed parent education workshops and worked in community relations efforts such as recruitment and marketing. She also oversaw the launch of the school's largest fundraising campaign and assisted the school in receiving its proclamation.
As a lifelong parent advocate and volunteer, Deshana lives, knows & believes, “it truly takes a village.”
- Manage budgets, fiscal analysis, and budget forecasts
- Supervises undergraduate work study students
- Manages Room reservations/scheduling
- Provides technical support
- Content manager for student affairs website
- Maintains event bulletin marketing