The mission of the SPH Finance Office is to oversee budget planning, management and reporting at the School level and to lead financial policy development and implementation on behalf of the School. We serve as an adviser to School personnel on compliance matters and as a liaison between the School and auditors (internal and external). We also serve as the liaison between the School and various offices around campus (Provost’s Office, Budget Office, Office of University Counsel, Internal Audit, as well as other UNC offices) on finance and compliance-related issues. The SPH Finance Office directly manages financials for the central School units (CAUs) and the Public Health Foundation.
We hope to provide useful finance resources on this site. Please contact us if you have content suggestions.
The SPH Finance office suite is located in 207 Rosenau Hall.
We appreciate your feedback. Please send us an email if you have any suggestions for this Finance resource site.
The registration period for ConnectCarolina training is now open. Each user who requires training should have already received a registration email from email@example.com. We appreciate the time and attention taken to register and attend the training classes in order to transition to be as smooth as possible. Training is mandatory and system access to each financial module will only be enabled for the corresponding training class completed by each user.
For details about training classes and descriptions, visit the ConnectCarolina training website for more details.
UNC Central Finance Links
Links to other UNC systems
- Lead accountant for SPH and Public Health Foundation
- Budget planning, management and reporting
- Financial and budgetary policy development and implementation
- Audit and compliance
- Financial communications
- PeopleSoft implementation lead for SPH
- SPH representative on financial issues in campus-wide initiatives
- Budget development, monitoring and reporting
- Financial data collection, analysis and summation
- Grants management
- Trainer and subject matter expert for PeopleSoft and InfoPorte systems
- Foundation accounting
- Audit and compliance
- Fund balance monitoring and reporting
- Payment and EPA web approvals
- Special projects and research
- Account review
- Budget revisions
- ARP process management
- Accounting technician backup, as needed
- Payments (check requests, travel reimbursements, independent contractors, etc.)
- Journal entries
- Purchasing card reconciliation
- Account reconciliation
- Starlight payments
- Supply and computer orders