Research and Innovation Solutions
The Research and Innovation Solutions team supports all departments and programs at the School of Public Health. We promote faculty and student research, manage programs funded by the Gillings Gift and nurture entrepreneurship.
Please feel free to Contact Us for more information. From this site, you can find information on:
- Research information tools, systems and technologies (such as supporting and enhancing interactive maps that show the location of research projects and REACH NC)
- Innovation Labs
- Visiting professors and entrepreneurs
- Scholarships for students
- Research data stewardship
- Support of innovative enterprises, such as the Water Institute
- Research Council and Conflict of Interest Committee
- Other strategies for enhancing innovation, entrepreneurship and successful research applications
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs to fund their start ups
Congratulations to the four Gillings Innovation Lab recipients for 2015! Read more.
In 2007, Dennis Gillings and Joan Gillings made a $50 million pledge to the school of public health because of the school’s excellent and entrepreneurial track record in research, teaching and practice. More information about programs funded by the gift is online.
Congratulations to Melissa Crane for being awarded the 2015 Gillings Poster Award Winner for her research entitled “Randomized trial of a men-only weight loss program: The Rethinking Eating and FITness Trial.” We were also glad that you were able to share your research with attendees at this year’s Foard Lecture.