Research and Innovation Solutions
The Research and Innovation Solutions team supports all departments and programs at the School of Public Health. We promote faculty and student research, manage programs funded by the Gillings Gift and nurture entrepreneurship.
AOL Founder and Entrepreneur Steve Case is visiting the Triangle! If you’d like to go please register with your UNC email account. There will be a bus leaving from the Campus Y on the 5th at 10:30. To reserve a seat please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to Contact Us for more information. From this site, you can find information on:
- Research information tools, systems and technologies (such as supporting and enhancing interactive maps that show the location of research projects and REACH NC)
- Innovation Labs
- Visiting professors and entrepreneurs
- Scholarships for students
- Research data stewardship
- Support of innovative enterprises, such as the Water Institute
- Research Council and Conflict of Interest Committee
- Other strategies for enhancing innovation, entrepreneurship and successful research applications
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs to fund their start ups
Congratulations to the four Gillings Innovation Lab recipients for 2015! Read more.
In 2007, Dennis Gillings and Joan Gillings made a $50 million pledge to the school of public health because of the school’s excellent and entrepreneurial track record in research, teaching and practice. More information about programs funded by the gift is online.
The 2015 Spotlight on Student Research Poster Event will take place as part of the Foard Lecture. Student are encourage to submit posters they have created during the last year through their classes and extracurriculars.
There will be two awards offered: the Delta Omega award provides $750 toward 2015 APHA conference presentation and the Gillings Poster Award provides $500 toward a conference of the student’s choice. Students must register by April 14th..