Research and Innovation Solutions
- Research information tools, systems and technologies (such as supporting and enhancing interactive maps that show the location of research projects and REACH NC);
- Innovation Labs;
- Visiting professors and entrepreneurs;
- Scholarships for students;
- Research data stewardship
- Support of innovative enterprises, such as the Water Institute;
- Research Council and Conflict of Interest Committee; and
- Other strategies for enhancing innovation, entrepreneurship and successful research applications.
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs to fund their start ups.
Announcing Gillings Innovation Labs: These are open to faculty members with primary appointments at the school of public health. See application materials. Non-binding letters of intent are due September 2, 2014.
Announcing Dennis and Mireille Gillings Global Public Health Fellowships. In collaboration with the Institut Pasteur, this program funds up to two post-doctoral fellowships for UNC school of public health students or recent graduates in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health surveillance, and global health. See Application. Application deadline is September 26, 2014.
In 2007, Dennis Gillings and Joan Gillings made a $50 million pledge to the school of public health because of the school’s excellent and entrepreneurial track record in research, teaching, and practice. More information about programs funded by the gift is found here.