Research and Innovation Solutions
From this site, you can find information on
- Research information tools, systems and technologies (such as supporting and enhancing interactive maps that show the location of research projects and REACH NC);
- Innovation Labs;
- Visiting professors and entrepreneurs;
- Scholarships for students;
- Research data stewardship
- Support of innovative enterprises, such as the Water Institute;
- Research Council and Conflict of Interest Committee; and
- Other strategies for enhancing innovation, entrepreneurship and successful research applications.
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs to fund their start ups.
- Check out the Forbes Magazine article on Sanitation Creations!
- Attention Inventors: US Patent Law has changed! The Leahy-Smith America Invents Act changed the United States from a First to Invent to a First to File system,
- Looking for collaborators in health sciences, funding opportunities, or guidance? Check out NC TraCS Institute.
- Gillings School of Global Public Health companies to watch
- More entrepreneurship information
In 2007, Dennis Gillings and Joan Gillings made a $50 million pledge to the school of public health because of the school’s excellent and entrepreneurial track record in research, teaching, and practice. More information about programs funded by the gift is found here.
Research and Innovation Solutions News
- Group with SPH Connections selected for State-Wide Social Entrepreneurship Competition
- SPH Entrepreneurs featured in Triangle Business Journal
- SPH Doctoral Student and PleX founder Monica Schmidt works to catch cancer earlier
- Sixteen Gillings Merit Scholars selected for 2013-14
- WaterSHED wins Reed Elsevier award
- Innovation + Inspiration Award presented to Cianciolo
- Two Gillings entrepreneurs are winners at this year’s Carolina Challenge
- Two student groups win Gillings Student Organization Service Project Awards
- Maman’s GIL has R01 ROI
- Research maps show local, global work