The innovation lab program, established in 2007, supports:
- high-impact research
- demonstration projects
- teaching practices that anticipate future public health challenges and accelerate sustainable solutions across North Carolina and around the world.
Gillings Innovation Labs are funded by the School’s $50 million gift from Dennis Gillings and Joan Gillings. This model has been so successful that other funders want to partner with the School to solve problems through Commissioned Innovation Labs.
- 18 Gillings Innovation Laboratories funded
- 2 Commissioned Innovations Labs awarded
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials
- Alice Ammerman, who was awarded one of the first GILs, continues to help North Carolinians eat healthy. Read more here.