Website training and documentation
This page serves as a resource for Web content managers (writers, decision-makers and/or “uploaders”) at the Gillings School of Global Public Health at UNC.
Managing content on the School’s website involves a variety of skills and knowledge. Knowing how to use Joomla, our content management software, is just one of those competencies. The menu items and links below will take you to websites and documents intended to help you manage content and stay in compliance with the School’s guidelines.
The following guides will be updated soon.
- WordPress Quick Start Guide (Word doc)
- Web Style Guidelines (Word doc)
- Preparing Photos for the Web (Word doc)
- Writing for the Web
- Finding images
- WordPress Troubleshooting (PDF)
- Tackling Tables in WordPress (PDF)
- Making Tables with HTML (PDF)
- Posting CVs, Biosketches and Syllabi (Word doc)
- Adding video to your Web pages (Word doc)
- Search engine optimization