To the Media: A Message From the Dean
We want to help you get scientific facts, evidence, perspective and credible, expert opinions about public health issues. Anyone doing a story – whether a blogger, newspaper writer or radio/television producer – is doing more with less. Our experts can help with most hot news topics. Here are some areas of special expertise:
- Disasters and preparedness
- Infectious diseases, including AIDS, SARS, MERS, noroviruses and emerging infections
- Environmental issues from air quality to water, sanitation and health to global warming
- Maternal and infant health
- Cancer causes and prevention
- Other non-communicable diseases, including stroke, CVD and diabetes
- Health reform, health insurance and other health services topics
- Health disparities, health of women and children, family violence
- Design and assessment of clinical trials
- A variety of issues related to children, including autism and effects of environmental pollutants and toxicants as well as bullying, substance use and driving
- Public health in North Carolina and globally
- And much more
We are committed to solve problems now and to translate research into programs, practices and policies that improve lives. With over 200 outstanding faculty members, we are a credible, reliable information source on many issues. Our communications group, led by Director of Communications, David Pesci, is a good place to start. REACH NC is a faculty database that can be searched by topic or individual and will lead you to faculty bios and links to their articles. If you can’t find what you need, email me at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you.