Course evaluations are managed online at UNC’s Gillings School of Global Public Health.
Here is what you need to know:
- Each department chair and student services manager has approved the list of questions for all courses being offered in their departments.
- The system allows for the evaluation of co-instructors and teaching assistants (TAs). Please inform your student services managers if your course needs to have this component included as part of the course evaluation. Forms have been developed for this purpose.
- Faculty members may add questions to their course evaluation forms from a data bank of questions. The specific week when this may happen will be announced in advance.
- Add questions here. Log in with your Onyen & Onyen Password, then click the “Manage Questions” button on the left to select questions that you feel are missing and pertinent to your course. Please remember to click “save” after you select the questions you want to add.
- Online course evaluations will be live during the last two weeks of classes. Students will receive several automated e-mails with an embedded link from the system. All the student has to do is click the link and fill out the evaluation from a laptop or desktop.
- Instructors should provide students with at least 15 minutes of class time to complete the evaluation on the last day class is scheduled to meet. The last day of classes is the last opportunity students will have to complete the evaluation.
- Inform students early in the semester about the online course evaluation system, including it in your syllabus as part of the calendar of events and/or as an expectation of students in the course.
- Results will be sent directly to faculty members and departmental chair when exams are over and grades have been completed for all courses.
Students participation is a very important way to communicate to the School what we are doing well and what needs some work.
Here is some information about online course evaluations:
- Your feedback remains anonymous.
- Evaluations will be online during the last two weeks of each semester.
- You will receive several emails (from SPH-Course-Eval@unc.edu) with an embedded link. All you have to do is click the link, enter your ONYEN username and password, and fill out the evaluation from your laptop or desktop.
- Instructors should provide you with at least 15 minutes of class time on the last day your class is scheduled to meet.
- The evaluation system closes on the last day of class because we feel it is important to have students evaluation courses before final exam and grades are given.
Course evaluation link: https://www.digitalmeasures.com/login/unc/student.