How to Apply
Faculty members (both tenure- and non-tenure-track) who have primary appointments in the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health are eligible to apply.* Proposals may include a co-PI from another department or UNC-Chapel Hill school.
*Gillings department chairs are not eligible to apply in Round 6.
Up to four projects may be funded at up to $150,000 each.
1. Short Proposals – Due Jan 23, 2017
Teams applying for a Gillings Innovation Lab should submit a Short Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday January 23, 2017 by 5 p.m. ET.
2. Full Proposals – Due May 22, 2017
A selection of applicants will be invited in March 2017 to submit a Full Proposal for funding consideration. Full Proposals may be no more than five pages, excluding appendices. More details about Full Proposal requirements will be provided to applicants in March 2017.
- January 23, 2017: Short Proposals due
- March 2017: Selected applicants invited to submit a Full Proposal
- May 22, 2017: Full Proposals due
- July 2017: Earliest notification of awarded GILs
- August 2017: Earliest project start-date