- Co-founder of The Walking Classroom Institute, a non-profit corporation devoted to getting kids and non-kids walking while they learn.(We call it “Post-sedentary Education.”)
- We are developing 6 semesters (4th, 5th and 6th grades) of standards-aligned audio content loaded onto special players so that students can get out of the classroom, go for brisk walks, and keep right on learning.
- We are just beginning the rigorous research to learn how walking and learning compares with sitting in a classroom for the same amount of time.
- Mall-walking seniors are the next population.
Primary teaching areas
- New media including, of course, social media
- Emerging technologies in communication
- Public speaking, presentation, data visualization