Annelies Van Rie, MD, PhD
- Implementation research
- Epidemiology and molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis
- Patient impact of novel diagnostics of tuberculosis, including drug-resistant TB
- Co-treatment for TB and HIV in adults and children
- Pediatric HIV care
- Community based interventions for TB and HIV control
- Pediatric neurodevelopment in resource limited settings
- Mathematical modelling of infectious diseases
Van Rie A, Warren R, Richardson M, Gie RP, Beyers N, Victor T, Van Helden PD (2000)
The classification of drug resistant tuberculosis in an epidemic area.
The Lancet: vol.356, p.22-25.
Van Rie A, Sengupta S, Pungrassami P, Balthip Q, Choonuan S, Kasetjaroen Y, Strauss RP, Chongsuvivatwong V. (2008)
Measuring stigma associated with tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS in southern Thailand: exploratory and confirmatory factor analyses of two new scales.
Tropical Medicine & International Health. 2008;13:21-30.
Van Rie A, Patel M, Mbonze N, VandenDriessche K, Tabala M, Yotebieng M, Behets F. (2013)
Integration and task-shifting for TB/HIV care and treatment in highly resource-scarce settings: one size may not fit all.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013 Oct 2.
Hanrahan C Selibas K, Deery C, Dansey H, Clouse K, Bassettt J, Scott L,Stevens W, Sanne I, Van Rie A. (2013)
Time to treatment and patient outcomes among TB suspects screened by a single point-of-care Xpert MTB/RIF at a primary care clinic in Johannesburg, South Africa.
PLoS One. 2013;8:e65421
Cromwell EA, Dube Q, Cole SR, Chirambo C, Dow AE, Heyderman RS, Van Rie A. (2014)
Validity of US norms for the Bayley Scales of Infant Development-III in Malawian children.
European Journal of Pediatric Neurology 2014, 223-230