MPH in Public Health Leadership - Occupational Health Nursing Track
Check out more program details and information about how to apply to the Residential MPH in Public Health Leadership – Occupational Health Nursing Concentration via the Gillings Program Search (GPS) for prospective students.
Public health nurses who enroll in the public health leadership program have the unique opportunity to concentrate on issues of importance to public health nursing through coursework, the master’s paper and field practicum. The MPH in Public Health Leadership – Occupational Health Nursing Concentration and the Public Health Nursing focus area are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326; 404-975-5000.
The curriculum of study includes:
- School of Public Health core courses: Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Policy and Management, Health Behavior, and Environmental Science
- Occupational Health Sciences: Industrial Hygiene, Toxicology, Occupational Safety/Ergonomics, and Interdisciplinary Approaches to Occupational Health
- Occupational Health Nursing courses
- Master’s Paper
- Full-time or part-time study
- May be completed in 16 months (full-time)
- Registered Nurse
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Two years or more experience in occupational health nursing or in the field of occupational health and safety; experience in public health nursing or related field or emergency nursing may be considered
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which are academic and one from a professional colleague
- Transcripts for all completed coursework and each degree received
- GRE or equivalent entrance exam scores taken within five years of application (may not be required for applicants with a doctoral degree)
- Personal statement describing professional goals related to occupational health/safety
Application for admission is a two-step process. Go the the Gillings Program Search (GPS) for a breakdown of tasks.
Fall 2017 – January 2, 2017
Go to the Graduate School site for further information regarding applications. The Graduate School also has information regarding North Carolina Residency. If you have specific questions regarding residency, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.