International application to the Public Health Leadership Program
- Applications are accepted for fall and spring. March 1 is the deadline for Fall enrollment through SOPHAS; Oct. 1 for Spring enrollment.
- Deadline for consideration for merit awards, fellowships, etc. – Financial assistance awards begin with the Fall semester, and many of the application deadlines occur prior to the PHLP Fall enrollment deadline of March 1. Consequently, new applicants for fall are advised to submit materials by December 11 for full financial assistance consideration by the Graduate School. Applications received after December 11 will be considered as funds remain available. For more information on financial aid, please refer to the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid and the Graduate School’s Funding page. The School of Public Health and PHLP offer financial assistance, guidance and awards for financing your education as well.
Please contact Paul Frellick at 919-843-7629 if you have any problems with the application process.
The Graduate School has stipulated certain requirements for International Applicants.
In addition to the general University admissions requirements, MPH program admissions requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant work experience (minimum of 3-5 years preferred)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Personal statement/Statement of professional goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts for all completed coursework and each degree received
- GRE or equivalent entrance exam scores taken within five years of application (may not be required for applicants with a doctoral degree from a US institution or following a US medical residency)
- TOEFL and completed financial certificate for international applicants
Make sure you have completed your FAFSA to qualify for additional financial aid.
For OHN program, you’ll need to provide RN Licensure and Liability info form (include copy of insurance and copy of license).
Learn more about distance education opportunities at UNC.