Seminars and Events
There are no new seminars or events at this time.
Director: Steven H. Zeisel, MD, PhD
Managing Director: Michelle Collins, MPA
135 Dauer Drive
2115 Michael Hooker Research Center
Chapel Hill 27599-7461
Looking For Someone Else?
Our productivity and effectiveness as a Center is measured in part by the citation of our grant in your published work. Please acknowledge National Institutes of Health grant DK056350 in all publications resulting from the use of our services.
- Home food environments heavily impact children’s diet, study finds https://t.co/ddUK7C3z5S 09:27:36 AM August 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UICIHRP: Good news: Americans Finally Eating Less - @sangerkatz on @uncnorc research: http://t.co/7FO0lFW227 in @nytimes #obesity #phea… 12:59:27 PM July 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sangerkatz: Thanks Barry Popkin, @ShuWenNg and @uncnorc for help with data on the changing American diet. http://t.co/TovkcWFy0b http:/… 12:43:23 PM July 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Nutrition professor studies relationship of flu immunity to obesity https://t.co/9ROU5Gzp09 09:34:47 AM May 18, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Callie_L_Brown: Thanks to Deborah Tate and @uncnorc for a great talk today on Small and Large Change approaches! 12:04:45 PM April 30, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ammerman to co-lead UNC’s new campus theme – ‘Food for All’ https://t.co/vNNqBgIu5i 12:04:14 PM April 30, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- US News ranks UNC Gillings #2 overall, #1 public https://t.co/Rq8zD97JW4 08:36:12 AM March 12, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- UNC's Myles Faith talks about the family dinner-table dynamics linked To childhood obesity http://t.co/pMRsfqFV9v via @bi_contributors 10:01:01 AM October 27, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Register for our next seminar Clinical Applications of Metabolomics in Nutrition & Obesity on Oct 28 #UNC http://t.co/vO61Q9KTT9 01:23:27 PM October 01, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Join us today @ 12 pm for the Agriculture, Nutrition & Food Security in Peru seminar w/ Hilary Creed-Kanashiro (2308 McG-Green)! #UNC 09:04:49 AM September 29, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Dr. Penny Gordon-Larsen spent the weekend at the White House with First lady Michelle Obama's 'Let's Move!" campaign, discussing obesity science and health in the First lady's office with the rest of the Obesity Care Continuum!View on Facebook
- The UNC Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders and uBiome - sequence your microbiome. collaborate to explore possible links between gut bacteria and eating disorders. UNC’s part in the study is led by Dr. Cynthia M. Bulik. http://uncmedne.ws/uncceed_ubiomeView on Facebook
- After decades of worsening diets and sharp increases in obesity, Americans’ eating habits have begun changing for the better. Barry Popkin, a University of North Carolina professor who has studied food data extensively, described the development as a “turning point in U.S. diets.”View on Facebook
- A really interesting piece in Vox on a #UNC student's 100 lb weight loss over a year's time. It's a very honest piece but has become somewhat controversial because, at least in his personal experience, he dismisses several weight loss myths. We have a lot of people here at #UNC #Gillings, and many more alums who study obesity, so offering this up for informed comment: http://www.vox.com/2015/7/7/8877041/losing-100-poundsView on Facebook
- NORC professor, Katie Meyers, Ph.D. shares insight on gut microbes in her article, Go with Your Gut!View on Facebook