Child Health Regional Meetings
September 8, Harnett County Health Department
September 9, Pitt County Agricultural Building
September 11, Forsyth County Health Department
September 29, Haywood County Senior Resource Center
The 2015 Fall Child Health Regional Meetings will provide diverse topics for nurses, social workers, and healthcare providers working to improve the health outcomes for children and families in the public health setting.
- Children & Youth Branch, Division of Public Health, DHHS
- Public Health Nursing and Professional Development, Division of Public Health, DHHS
- The North Carolina Institute of Public Health, Gillings School of Global Health, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The training content is appropriate for all local Child Health staff including healthcare providers (physicians, physician assistants, social workers, nurse practitioners, and Child Health Enhanced Role Nurses). Nursing continuing education hours have been applied for. The full content for this training is approved for Child Health Enhanced Role Nurse continuing education hours for re-rostering.
8:30 am: Registration
9:00 am: Child Health Program Updates
- Identify resources to support implementation of evidence based health literacy strategies for clinical and community practice.
- Describe the critical components of an internal quality improvement and monitoring process.
- Identify DPH and CMS resources for appropriate documentation and billing of clinical services.
10:30 am: Break
10:45 am: Newborn Assessment and Care
- Describe important elements of care and red flags for newborns during well visits
11:45 am: Food Insecurity/School Nutrition
- Describe access to balanced and nutritious diets for children and families experiencing food insecurity.
12:15 pm: Lunch and Networking
1:00 pm: Physical Activity and You!
- Demonstrate physical activity moves and fexibility.
1:10 pm: Breastfeeding Promotion and Support
- Identify sociocultural, political & community impact on breastfeeding.
- Develop at least one strategy to strengthen breastfeeding support in their agency.
2:10 pm: Break
2:20 pm: Americans with Disabilities Act Top Ten List
- Review the current standards and requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Discuss current research and recommendations to improve access to care in medical facilities.
3:35 pm: Learning Summary
- Collect key messages from meeting from participants
3:45 pm: Evaluation
No partial credit will be offered for this educational offering. Participants must attend the entire training and complete the evaluation form to receive credit for contact hours.
3:55 pm: Adjourn
No influential financial relationships have been disclosed by planners or presenters which would influence the planning of this activity. No commercial support has influenced the planning of the educational objectives and content of this event. Any commercial support will be used for events that are not CE related. There is no endorsement of any product by NCNA, ANCC, or other credentialing bodies associated with this session. No session relates to products governed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In the event that a session does relate to products governed by the FDA, appropriate and off-label use will be shared.
An activity planning form for continuing nursing education credit will be submitted for this training. Stay tuned for updates.
September 8, 2015
Harnett County Health Department
307 W Cornelius Harnett Boulevard, Lillington NC, 27546
September 9, 2015
Pitt County Agriculture Center
403 Government Circle, Greenville NC, 27834
September 11, 2015
Forsyth County Health Department
799 North Highland Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC 27102
September 29, 2015
Haywood Senior Resource Center
81 Elmwood Way, Waynesville, NC 28786
Fees: $40 per person (includes the CEH, lunch and breaks). Make checks out to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and send to NC Institute for Public Health, Attn: Registrar, Campus Box # 8165, Chapel Hill, NC 27599.
- The registration fee is due by August 17 for the September 8, 9, and 11 meetings.
- The registration fee is due by September 1 for the September 29 meeting.
Important: All registration fees must be postmarked by the deadlines noted or your registration will be CANCELED. There is NO onsite registration available for these meetings.
Important Note Before You Register:
When you click “Go to Registration” below, you will be taken to our registration page. You will see a list of our programs arranged by date. Find the program you want to register for, and click “Register Now” next to it. You will then go to a login page where you can set up an account, which you will be able to use every time you register for an NCIPH program, or you can login if you have an existing account.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you find that you cannot attend, you must cancel no later than August 17 for the September 8, 9, and 11 meetings and September 1 for the September 29 meeting. Any cancellation received after the deadline will be charged the full registration fee. All cancelations must be received in writing. You may send cancellations to Cherelle Whitfield at firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitutions from the same organization are allowed up until the day prior to the meeting with prior notification to email@example.com.