Rohit Ramaswamy, PhD, MPH
Rohit Ramaswamy, PhD,MPH
Clinical Associate Professor
Public Health Leadership Program, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
Rohit Ramaswamy is a Clinical Associate Professor in the public health leadership program at the Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Dr. Ramaswamy’s area of expertise is in enhancing the operational excellence of organizations, especially around the tools and methods of process management, Lean Six Sigma, quality systems, organizational change, knowledge management, and qualitative and quantitative analysis to improve the quality of organizational processes and programs.
Some specific areas of interest are:
- Developing organizational strategies for competitive excellence based on an analysis of customer/stakeholder needs and of the market
- Designing cross-functional enterprise processes and measurement systems to deliver and sustain strategic performance requirements
- Designing qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods to evaluate organizational performance and quality
- Supporting adoption of successful organizational practices through the process and organizational designs needed to facilitate effective knowledge sharing
- Developing on-line and face-to-face educational programs on quality improvement, process management, Lean Six Sigma, statistical analysis, knowledge management and organizational development.
Dr. Ramaswamy is also a consultant to corporations and non-profits, working in the areas of innovative program design, continuous quality improvement and knowledge management. Over the past 15 years, Dr. Ramaswamy has helped companies and NGOs design, improve, measure, monitor and evaluate processes to improve outcomes and to increase efficiencies. His clients have included non profits such as the Educational Testing Service, ACT, CARE USA, UNDP and VA Hospitals as well as corporations such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, General Electric, AT&T, Coca-Cola, Merrill Lynch, PriceWaterhouse-Coopers and Goldman Sachs.
Dr. Ramaswamy is the author of two books: Design and Management of Service Processes published by Prentice-Hall in 1996, and Improving Testing: Applying Process Tools and Techniques to Assure Quality, published by Lawrence Erlbaum in 2007. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, M.S. and PhD degrees in Civil Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a MPH degree from the Gillings School of Global Public Health and a Graduate Diploma in biostatistics from the University of Sydney.