Lecture Capture (Mediasite)
Create on-the-go content that your students can view (or review) anytime, anywhere on a computer or mobile device. Record and stream your audio, video, and projected content in any of our lecture-capture enabled rooms.
Available in the following rooms:
- 2301 McGavran-Greenberg
- 2306 McGavran-Greenberg
- 2308 McGavran-Greenberg
- Rosenau 133 (on completion of construction)
- Rosenau 230 (Mayes Center)
- Rosenau 235
- MHRC 0001 (Blue Cross Blue Shield Auditorium)
Is lecture capture the best solution for you?
Want to see a sample?
Questions? Contact Ben Davis: 919-843-9753 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FERPA Compliance: Public recordings cannot capture any student identifying data (including images, names and voices) without express written consent from the students (we have a media release form for you to use to get consent). Visit Rice University’s FERPA and Lecture Capture FAQs for more details.
- ADA Accommodations: We provide closed captioning and other accommodations for online lecture capture recordings when a formal request for student accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) has been received from the UNC Accessibility Resources and Services (ARS) Office (https://accessibility.unc.edu). Students who need such accommodation should contact the ARS directly: https://accessibility.unc.edu/register. For additional questions, contact us at email@example.com.
- U.S. Copyright Law: We cannot record copyright-protected content (including images, text, and video), because public recordings are not covered under academic fair use.
Please contact Aiya Williams, Instructional Technology Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and clarification.
How long can my content be accessed?
Captured content will only be available online during the semester it was captured. Contact us at email@example.com if you need your content accessible past the semester it was recorded in.
How long will you store my content?
Captured content will be held for two (2) years, after which it will be deleted. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need you content stored for longer than two (2) years.
Can I make my recording/stream private to my class?
We’re currently running a pilot, in which recordings can only be accessed through Sakai by members of a Sakai site. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Who can I record/stream?
The only person who can be recorded without a release form is the instructor of the course. Guest speakers and students need to sign a media release form. The instructor of the class must retain these signed forms permanently.
What can I record/stream?
Classes, dissertations, meetings, and events.
Troubleshooting: If you get a “media error” or interruption when trying to view a presentation: