Health Policy and Management program manuals and forms
Welcome to one of the world’s leading Health Policy and Management departments. Consistently ranked by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the top Health Policy and Management programs in the U.S., we have distinguished ourselves with our collaborative learning environment, first-rate research and outstanding faculty.
This page contains the student manuals/program guidelines for both our residential and distance programs, along with other helpful documents. For more information on each program, select the Degrees and Certificates link from the menu on the right and choose your preferred program.
BSPH Student Handbook:
Residential Master’s Student Guide:
Community Preparedness and Disaster Management Certificate Student Manual:
Executive Master’s Student Manual:
Handbook of Guidelines and Procedures for the HPM Doctoral Program in Health Leadership (DrPH):
Graduate School Form Finder (residency, leave of absence, graduation, etc.)
HPM Degree Worksheets
HPM Degree Programs Course Sequence
Student Services Forms
All forms should be submitted to the HPM Student Services Office (120 Rosenau Hall)
- HPM Core Course Exemption Application (Word document)
- The SPH Core Course Exemption Application, SPH Core Curriculum Checklist (includes approved substitutions for MPH, MSPH, DrPH effective for students entering the School of Public Health Fall 2009 and later), and SPH Core Curriculum Checklist (includes approved substitutions for MHA, PhD – effective for students entering the School of Public Health Fall 2011 and later) can now all be found on the SPH Student Resources web page.
- As of April 2010, students who wish to audit any HPM course must acquire written permission from the course instructor and HPM department chair.
- Current UNC students must fill out a drop/add form at HPM Student Services. The drop/add form will need to be initialed by the instructor and will be signed by the HPM Registrar on behalf of the department chair.
- Non-UNC students need to fill out both the drop/add form and an Audit Approval Form.
After the documents are received by University Registrar’s office, the student will be entered in the course record as an auditor and be given access to the course Blackboard or Sakai space automatically at the next database update.
- Inter-Institutional Approval form (PDF)
- Graduate School Forms http://gradschool.unc.edu/academics/resources/forms.html
- Career Services Manual for BSPH
- Career Services Manual for Master’s
- BSPH Field Training Manual
- Master’s Internship Training Manual
Financial Aid Information
NOTE: Please read the memo before completing the form.
Content for this page provided by the Department of Health Policy and Management. Please contact the webmaster with any questions or comments.