Executive Doctoral Program Home – Admissions and Tuition - Curriculum and Degree Requirements – NETDOC – See an instructor speak about the program – See a DrPH graduate speak about the program – DrPH Handbook
Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) Program in Public Health Leadership Frequently Asked Questions
- For whom is the Doctoral Program in Health Leadership program designed?
- How many students are accepted each year?
- Must I have a degree in public health in order to apply?
- Must I have some experience in healthcare in order to apply?
- Is the DrPH program accredited?
- Where are the classes taught?
- Are any visits to Chapel Hill required?
- What kind of Internet connection must I have in order to participate?
- Is a dissertation required in the DrPH program?
- It’s been 10 years since I last took the GRE or GMAT. Is that okay?
- Don’t see an answer to your question?
For whom is the Doctoral Program in Health Leadership program designed?
The program is designed for working healthcare professionals in the U.S. or abroad with the potential and ambition to become senior leaders and who are committed to improving the public’s health. See the biosketches of the Class of:
Is the DrPH program accredited?
There is no accreditation process for DrPH programs, or for most individual degree programs. The School of Public Health is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and the university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Is a dissertation required in the DrPH program?
Yes. Students begin planning their dissertation in the first year of their studies and spend most of the third year completing it. See a list of recent DrPH grads with links to abstracts of their dissertations.
Kim Sieler, Assistant Registrar
DrPH, Executive Master’s and Certificate Programs
Department of Health Policy and Management
School of Public Health
CB# 7411, 120 Rosenau Hall
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7411
Content for this page provided by the Department of Health Policy and Management. Please contact the webmaster with any questions or comments.