A world-class education at the Gillings School equips students to become future leaders in their fields. Global and local content and approaches are infused across our courses, programs and degrees. The Gillings Global Gateway integrates and promotes global health opportunities throughout the School. The office oversees the Residential Graduate Certificate in Global Health, supports student groups, such as the Student Global Health Committee and GlobeMed, administers paid global internships,provides access to global alumni mentors, and aims to help international students feel at home quickly in the Gillings School community.
The Gillings School has produced many extremely successful alumni over the years. Our alumni are global leaders in the academic, government, private and non profit sectors, and a degree from UNC’s public health school was a critical building block in their careers. They tell us that they feel an enduring connection and loyalty to the School. They received a lot of support while they were here, and want to “pay it forward.”
The Global Mentors program is one way in which our public health alumni and friends can mentor current students, reconnect with the Gillings School student experience and help build the next generation of global health leaders.
List of Global Alumni Mentors The Global Mentors program is in its early stages of development and is only offered to current Gillings students. To learn more about becoming a global mentor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Global Mentors program is in its early stages of development and is only offered to current Gillings students. To learn more about becoming a global mentor, please email email@example.com.
Required International Travel Checklist for Students- Complete all 5 steps before leaving
1. Review the UNC-Chapel Hill Travel Policy.
2. Review the Study, Travel and Research in Countries under US State Department Warnings webpage to determine the risk level of the country you intend to travel to for academic purposes.
3. Register all international travel, including study abroad, exchange programs, internships, service programs and research projects through UNC Global Travel Registry. Please remember to mark your trip affiliation with the Gillings School of Global Public Health when registering your travel.
4. UNC students must obtain Medical Evacuation Insurance from the UNC Office of Risk Management. Contact Janet Hoernke.
5. Complete an original, signed General Travel Waiver: Submit an original, signed general travel waiver (open pdf file) to the Gillings Global Gateway (104 Rosenau).
For further information about these UNC travel requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more useful travel information here. Useful Travel Information
Useful Travel Information
The Gillings Global Gateway has gathered career development and support materials to assist students interested in pursuing a career in global health. Below are some links that might be useful for a job search or career development.
- The Gateway offers global health career advising and mentoring- email us.
- The Gateway is piloting a new program, “Global Alumni Mentors.” Contact our selected alumni who work in global health to receive mentoring.
- The Gateway publishes This Week in Global Health,which lists job and internship opportunities. Subscribe here.
- The School’s career services office offers up-to-date postings on global health job opportunities.
- The Environmental Sciences and Engineering Job Blog lists opportunities in that field.
- University Career Services offers comprehensive assistance to undergraduates.
- Check out these global job sites
The Gillings School offers the Residential Graduate Certificate in Global Health and the Online Certificate in Global Health. Check them out here! The Gillings Global Gateway helps administer several funded global internships and fellowships. Learn more about these and other opportunities. Review opportunities and resources for our current and prospective international students.
The Gillings School offers the Residential Graduate Certificate in Global Health and the Online Certificate in Global Health. Check them out here!
The Gillings Global Gateway helps administer several funded global internships and fellowships. Learn more about these and other opportunities.
Review opportunities and resources for our current and prospective international students.