Why should I contribute to the School?
Although the School of Public Health is a state-supported institution, public funds comprise less than 30 percent of our annual budget. Private giving helps the School recruit the highest caliber students, attract and retain the best faculty, and develop new research and service programs that further the public’s health across North Carolina and around the world. Private giving will continue to ensure that the School maintains its leadership position in research, education, and service. To learn more about research priorities, go to our research site.
How can I make a gift?
You may make a gift online or by mail, through check or credit card.
To make a gift by mail, please send your check (payable to UNC-CH Public Health Foundation) or credit card information (name of card, account number, cardholder’s name and expiration date), contact information, and the department or fund toward which your gift should be directed:
UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
107 Rosenau Hall
Campus Box 7400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7400
Please feel free to contact any member of the SPH Advancement staff at 919-966-0198 with questions or to obtain more information.
What are the School’s fundraising priorities?
The School of Public Health has several fundraising priorities, including:
- The Michael Hooker Research Center, which houses cutting-edge research in environmental science, epidemiology, and nutrition;
- Student scholarships and assistance;
- Faculty support;
- Interdisciplinary service and outreach programs addressing such issues as
- obesity prevention
- health disparities
- public health leadership
- global health
- the environment
- translation of research into practice
- preparedness for natural and man-made disasters
- improving the quality of health care.