The slides on this page announce coming events, stories in the news and other items of interest. We update the slides frequently, so check back often for the latest School announcements.
If you’re on campus, you can also view the slides on our flat LCD screens in the School’s Michael Hooker Research Center Armfield Atrium, in the Rosenau lobby off Columbia Street, and in the front entrance of McGavran-Greenberg Hall near Pittsboro Street.
Too fast for you? Roll your mouse over the slides to find the pause, play and forward/back buttons.
- Read our Schoolwide weekly news
- Read more announcements for students
- Post an announcement for the weekly news, student news or LCD screens
Announcements updated almost daily.
- US families w/ kids bought 101 fewer calories in packaged goods per person per day in 2012 than 2007. #UNC #Gillings http://t.co/sznkxdoa7G about 9 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #UNC #Gillings study considers ways to increase #ACA reach for NC's immigrants. http://t.co/fabLv050g0 02:27:22 PM September 16, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Another shot from our elusive #Gillings #Drone of students from #UNC #Gillings Public Health 600 class… http://t.co/Q35e39Ieu1 10:20:17 AM September 16, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @univgazette: TIme for flu shots! Starting Tues. clinics will be offered on campus for students, faculty and staff @UNCpublichealth http… 04:18:41 PM September 12, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #UNC #Gillings @unchpm prof. Paula Song is principal investigator of $1.9M PCORI grant. http://t.co/pyCe9IVCMA 11:28:12 AM September 12, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Stigma Free Carolina kicks off tomorrow at #UNC. #Gillings Epidemiology PhD student Nelson Pace is a co-founder: http://t.co/3v2hG95UR9 02:30:46 PM September 11, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- A candid shot from yesterday's series of safety demos and information sessions here at #UNC #Gillings… http://t.co/KG1I5UJZOX 02:13:12 PM September 11, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today's AWESOME: #Endeavors story on #UNC #Gillings 2014 Health Policy & Management Ph.D., Lindsey Haynes-Maslow! http://t.co/NJVn7My4F3 01:07:14 PM September 11, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- 9-11 #UNC #Gillings. Bless us, every one. http://t.co/o9Ezai9wek 08:58:10 AM September 11, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #UNC #Gillings Jianwen Cai is the new leader of the International Biometric Society’s Eastern N. American Region. http://t.co/FRw8rw8ndC 08:46:14 AM September 11, 2014 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Look who else knows #UNC #Gillings Prof Barry Popkin is a rock star. His newest study, co-authored with #Gillings Prof Shu Wen Ng, is big news today: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-health-obesity-20140904-story.htmlView on Facebook
- Another shot from our elusive #Gillings #Drone of students from #UNC #Gillings Public Health 600 class out in one of our many courtyards discussing some finer points of information and collaborating on best strategies. That, and they were enjoying the fantastic weather, which we get in abundance here (although I lied about the drone – it was FacebookGuy standing on a brick wall. But hey, so are most drones...).View on Facebook
- Your ship may have come in! Fellowship, that is, #UNC #Gillings! The Dennis and Mireille Gillings Global Public Health Fellowship - a collaboration between #UNC #Gillings and the Institut Pasture(!) Two are available but you must apply before Sept. 26. Don't let this prestigious (Fellow)ship sail without you! http://sph.unc.edu/files/2014/07/Pasteur-temp.pdfView on Facebook
- Congratulations to #UNC #Gillings own Associate Prof. Mark Holmes who has been awarded the prestigious Hettleman Prize for outstanding achievement!! http://sph.unc.edu/sph-news/holmes-wins-hettleman-prize-for-outstanding-achievement/View on Facebook
- REJECT THE STATIONARY HEALTH PARADIGM!! Ok, so maybe we don't want to be that extreme, but increased communication mobility (i.e. insert your fave ringtone here) means increased opportunity to bring health information, prevention and care EVERYWHERE. Which is why YOU should attend this awesome #UNC #Gillings presentation, aptly titled "Exploring Careers in Mobile Health" on Sept 22. Featured guests include #UNC #Gillings 2013 alumn Katie D. McMillan(!). REGISTER NOW: http://bit.ly/SPHmhealthView on Facebook