The slides on this page announce coming events, stories in the news and other items of interest. We update the slides frequently, so check back often for the latest School announcements.
If you’re on campus, you can also view the slides on our flat LCD screens in the School’s Michael Hooker Research Center Armfield Atrium, in the Rosenau lobby off Columbia Street, and in the front entrance of McGavran-Greenberg Hall near Pittsboro Street.
Too fast for you? Roll your mouse over the slides to find the pause, play and forward/back buttons.
- Read our Schoolwide weekly news
- Read more announcements for students
- Post an announcement for the weekly news, student news or LCD screens
Announcements updated almost daily.
Post an announcement for the weekly news or the LCD screens: Announcements form
Submit story ideas for the website or magazine: SPH Communications
Media contact: David Pesci, director of communications
135 Dauer Drive
125 Rosenau Hall, CB #7400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7400
- Heather Altman, MPH, is student recipient of the Gordon H. DeFriese Career Development in Aging Research Award. http://t.co/lFuvjd7Qea 04:53:57 PM February 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- In case you just woke from a 3-days sleep, here's what happened in our neighborhood at #UNC #Gillings via #UNCComms https://t.co/ckbLFqllS8 09:12:24 AM February 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #UNC #Gillings Minority Health Conference is CANCELLED due to weather. All fees will be refunded to conference registrants and exhibitors. 07:25:00 AM February 27, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- MINORITY HEALTH CONFERENCE set for 10:15 a.m., 2-27. IF #UNC delay runs past 10 a.m., conference will be cancelled http://t.co/lo2VLlcemh 08:41:30 PM February 26, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @WellnessPolicy: I'm participating in a #FoodDayChat hosted by @CSPI today at 2pm ET w/ other special guests! @UCSUSA @SciNetUCS @cnpn… 09:44:20 AM February 25, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @state_of_things now discussing minority health w Sandy Darity Jr. http://t.co/B67Si7XKAs 12:35:39 PM February 24, 2015 in reply to state_of_things ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @UNC_GradSchool: Fitness Breaks is a project by four @UNCpublichealth students. Great work! @UNC_HB http://t.co/p3ZbvJg6l1 http://t.co/6… 12:25:53 PM February 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- So this happened (and is still happening) at #UNC #Gillings today. https://t.co/v1s9AKDI1p 11:23:05 AM February 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today at noon, @wunc & @state_of_things hosts a segment on upcoming Minority Health Conference. 91.5 for locals. @MHC_UNC 10:04:48 AM February 24, 2015 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @unc_law will host a panel discussion/Q-and-A on health insurance. 2/24, 5 p.m. http://t.co/8hiM1RhsT5 12:49:30 PM February 23, 2015 in reply to unc_law ReplyRetweetFavorite
- #UNC #Gillings opens, with the rest of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, at 1:00 p.m. today. In the interim, stay safe, avoid slippery spots and enjoy this video of the snowy week here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFvR2MztV-YView on Facebook
- #UNC #Gillings MINORITY HEALTH CONFERENCE IS CANCELLED. "Given continued hazardous road conditions and the University’s decision to extend Condition 3 until 1pm, we have no choice but to cancel today’s events. Apologies to anyone who has been inconvenienced by the cancellation, particularly those who travelled from out of town to attend the conference. We thank you so much for your support of the Minority Health Conference. Please know that all registration fees will be refunded to conference registrants and exhibitors.View on Facebook
- MINORITY HEALTH CONFERENCE UPDATE: The conference will be moving forward tomorrow with a delayed start. Check-in will begin at 10:15 am and the morning keynote lecture will start promptly at 11:00 am. If the University decides to delay opening past 10:00 am tomorrow, the Minority Health Conference will be canceled. Updates will be made on: minorityhealth.web.unc.edu.View on Facebook
- This tree seems to be covering something up, or is it just trying to stay warm, #UNC #Gillings? Any snow photos you want to share? Please do!View on Facebook
- And we remain at DefCon 3 here at #UNC #Gillings. Statement from #UNC: UNC-Chapel Hill will remain closed for the rest of Thursday, Feb. 26. All classes will be canceled; offices will be closed. Condition 3 (classes canceled, offices closed) will remain in effect until at least 10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 27. The University will announce a decision about operations for the rest of the day based on current conditions and safety factors by early Friday morning. Those factors include the plans of Chapel Hill Transit, which is not operating today.View on Facebook