Pilot Projects Program
The Pilot Projects Program (PPP) stimulates innovative and collaborative research at the UNC-CEHS by providing short-term funding to collect preliminary data or demonstrate the feasibility of a particular hypothesis. Ultimately, the Program will strengthen grant proposals to further the research.
The PPP is aimed at providing opportunities for the following types of investigators:
- young investigators who are starting to develop a research program in an area of environmental health research of relevance to the CEHS
- established investigators who are interested in pursuing an innovative line of CEHS-related collaborative research
- established investigators in other research areas, who have an interest in applying their expertise to a CEHS-related area
- investigators that use CEHS Facility Cores and Collaboration with Community Outreach and Engagement Core (COEC)
The Pilot Projects Program issues a request for applications for two types of awards annually—Standard Pilot Projects and Interdisciplinary Pilot Projects. CEHS members and non-members with member-collaborators are eligible to apply for both award types, but Interdisciplinary Pilot Projects must include multidisciplinary teams of experienced investigators collectively addressing an innovative area of environmental health research.
Announcements about program deadlines and guidelines for applicants are widely disseminated on the CEHS listserv and website. For additional details about pilot funds and the application process, please contact Melissa Troester.
CEHS Interdisciplinary Pilot Projects Program 2016-2017
The UNC Center on Environmental Health and Susceptibility (CEHS) announces the availability of funding for Interdisciplinary Pilot Projects based on specifications below. The CEHS will award up to three grants of $50,000 each.
- Guidelines for Proposals
- Cover Page
- Flier with Announcement
- Budget and Budget Justification forms
- List of CEHS Members
FIVE-PAGE PROPOSALS ARE DUE BY TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2016 (5:00 PM).
For questions, please contact Dr. Jorge Izquierdo, CEHS Administrator: Jorge_Izquierdo@unc.edu.