Bios announces James E. Grizzle Alumni Award recipient (2013)
This year’s Fred T. Foard Jr. Memorial Lecture and Bios Alumni Day will be held on Thursday, April 11 at the Friday Center. The Grizzle Lecture and Bios Alumni Day will start at 3:30pm. As in past years, the department will host a social at 3:30 PM followed by a seminar presentation by the winner of the James E. Grizzle Alumni Award from 4:00 to 5:30 PM.
Matthew J. Gurka, PhD (2004), is the 2013 recipient of the James E. Grizzle Distinguished
Alumni Award. He is currently an associate professor and interim chair of the department of biostatistics at West Virginia University. Gurka is the program director for the West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute’s Clinical Research Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics program. Gurka will present a lecture following the awards ceremony titled “Biostatistics as a leader in an emerging academic research enterprise.”
- Dr. Yingqi Zhao – Barry H. Margolin Dissertation Award for Excellence in Doctoral Research
- Ms. Siying Li – Elandt-Johnson award for Best Master’s Paper in Biostatistics
- Mr. Adane Wogu – Max Halperin Scholarship Award for excellence in graduate studies in biostatistics
- Dr. Yingqi Zhao – Kupper Dissertation Publication Award
- Mr. Zack McCaw – Undergraduate Academic Achievement Award
- Delta Omega Undergraduate Award – Ms. Sheila Gaynor
- Delta Omega Graduate Awards – Dr. Mike Hussey, Ms. Danielle Lamy and Mr. Xin Zhou
- Delta Omega Service Award – Ms. Elizabeth Koehler
- Delta Omega Academic Excellence Award – Ms. Yu Deng
- Delta Omega Alumni Award – Dr. Stuart Gansky
- Delta Omega Faculty Award – Dr. Donglin Zeng
Please register online by April 4th.