1. Complete online Graduate School application
Application Deadline: June 2, 2017
- 3-1-0-0 118801 (prim) IMPORTANT NOTE(S):
3-1-0-0 118801 (sec) See program details in GPS for requirements such as prequisites, prior degree, work experience, any test score waivers, as well as a tuition estimate and program overview.
- 3-6-0-0 118826 (prim) Applicant information, including North Carolina residency information.
- 3-8-0-0 118843 (prim) Educational history
3-8-1-0 118844 (prim) Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript(s), including your current term grades, if applicable. (If grades are not yet available, send them to the UNC Gillings program contact as soon as they become available.) Be sure the transcript reflects the name of the institution and any degrees you received.
- 3-12-0-0 118858 (prim) Community standards
3-12-0-0 118858 (sec) You will be asked about honor code, crime, academic sanction, military discharge, etc.
3-13-1-0 118860 (prim) International students
- 3-13-1-1 118861 (sec) UNC does not accept a WES transcript as an acceptable substitute for an official transcript.
3-13-1-2 118862 (sec)
TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than 2 years old). The TOEFL institutional code for UNC is 5816.
- 3-14-0-0 118872 (prim) Upload your personal statement.
3-14-15-0 118890 (prim) Upload a document that answers the following questions (no more than 2 pages).
- 3-14-17-52 118944 (sec) Please explain your global health interest.
3-14-17-56 118948 (sec) Please explain your global health experience.
3-14-17-72 118964 (sec) Please explain how you would use the knowledge gained from this certificate.
3-14-17-90 118982 (sec) Please describe your resources available to complete this certificate, including time allocated to completing the certificate and technical and financial support.
- 3-15-0-0 118985 (prim) Upload your resume or CV.
- 3-18 119000 (prim) Enter names of recommenders. UNC will then send them an email with instructions for submitting a letter on your behalf.
We encourage references from professors or teachers (or teaching assistants) or work/research supervisors who have worked directly and closely with you and who can speak about you with specificity.
- 3-18-2-9 119010 (sec) Not required
- 3-23-0-0 119031 (prim) Document submission (check legibility of uploads)
- 3-24 119033 (prim) Pay the Graduate School application fee.
- 3-25-0-0 119034 (prim) Track your progress.
3-25-2 119036 (prim) You will be able to track status through the Graduate School application. Once a decision is made, you will receive an email instructing login to the Graduate School application portal to see the decision letter.
2. FYI: application review process
- 7-1-0-0 119085 (prim) SPH application review:
7-1-1-0 119086 (prim) Interview
- 7-1-1-1 119087 (sec) No interview required.
7-1-6-0 119118 (prim) You will be notified via email regarding program decision.