1. Complete online ApplyYourself application
Application Deadline: June 16, 2016
3-0-0-0 118800 (sec) (ApplyYourself is a common application system for UNC-Chapel Hill programs.)
- 3-1-0-0 118801 (prim) IMPORTANT NOTE(S):
3-1-0-0 118801 (sec) See program details in GPS for requirements such as prequisites, prior degree, work experience, any test score waivers, as well as a tuition estimate and program overview.
- 3-6-0-0 118826 (prim) Applicant information, including North Carolina residency information.
- 3-8-0-0 118843 (prim) Educational history
3-8-1-0 118844 (prim) Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript(s), including your current term grades, if applicable. (If grades are not yet available, send them to the UNC Gillings program contact as soon as they become available.) Be sure the transcript reflects the name of the institution and any degrees you received.
- 3-12-0-0 118858 (prim) Community standards
3-12-0-0 118858 (sec) You will be asked about honor code, crime, academic sanction, military discharge, etc.
3-13-1-0 118860 (prim) International students
- 3-13-1-1 118861 (sec) UNC does not accept a WES transcript as an acceptable substitute for an official transcript.
3-13-1-2 118862 (sec)
TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than 2 years old). The TOEFL institutional code for UNC is 5816.
- 3-14-0-0 118872 (prim) Upload your personal statement.
3-14-15-0 118890 (prim) Upload a document that answers the following questions (no more than 2 pages).
- 3-14-17-81 118973 (sec) State your purpose in applying for this program.
3-14-17-82 118974 (sec) Explain how the certificate will be of value to you.
3-14-17-83 118975 (sec) Describe any experience you have had with distance education.
3-14-17-84 118976 (sec) Ten-twelve hours of student work per course, per week are required for successful course completion. Describe how you will schedule that time.
3-14-17-85 118977 (sec) If you will be working full-time, explain what mechanisms you have or can put in place to ensure that you will be able to handle the demands of both work and school. Specifically, detail the support your supervisor has offered and whether release from work/school is available.
3-14-17-86 118978 (sec) Describe what contributions you could make to this certificate program.
3-14-17-87 118979 (sec) Please list all college level math courses you have taken--(honors courses taken in high school can be included).
- 3-15-0-0 118985 (prim) Upload your resume or CV.
- 3-18-0-0 119000 (prim) Enter names of recommenders. UNC will then send them an email with instructions for submitting a letter on your behalf.
- 3-18-2-9 119010 (sec) Not required
- 3-23-0-0 119031 (prim) Document submission (check legibility of uploads)
- 3-24-0-0 119033 (prim) Pay the ApplyYourself application fee.
- 3-25-0-0 119034 (prim) Track your progress.
3-25-2-0 119036 (prim) You will be able to track status through ApplyYourself. Once a decision is made, you will receive an email instructing login to the ApplyYourself portal to see the decision letter.
2. FYI: application review process
- 7-1-0-0 119085 (prim) SPH application review:
7-1-1-0 119086 (prim) Interview
- 7-1-1-1 119087 (sec) No interview required.
7-1-6-0 119118 (prim) You will be notified via email regarding program decision.