Learn about the awards funded by the Alumni Association.
Discover the benefits and services you automatically receive as a graduate of the School.
Chartered in 1974, the Gillings School of Global Public Health Alumni Association is open to all alumni and does not charge dues. With nearly 19,000 alumni who live and work in all 100 North Carolina counties, all 50 states and more than 100 countries, our school leadership, faculty, staff and students value the support and lifelong ties our alumni have with the Gillings School.
The mission of the Alumni Association is:
- To be an engaged partner of the leading public school of public health;
- To enhance the Gillings School and its communities through public health education, service, and research;
- To maximize connectivity among students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the Gillings School.
Each year, the Alumni Association Advisory Board honors individuals with the Harriet Hylton Barr Distinguished Alumni Award and the Bernard G. Greenberg Alumni Endowment Award. The Harriet Hylton Barr Distinguished Alumni Award is given to a deserving graduate of the school working full-time in public health, and the Bernard G. Greenberg Alumni Endowment Award is given to a mid-career faculty member for excellence in the areas of teaching, research and service. Learn more.
Learn about our Alumni Association by contacting:
- Deanna Wilkie, Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 966-0198
- Jessa Nelson, Assistant Director of Alumni Giving and Engagement, at email@example.com or (919) 966-3722
To access the Alumni Association logos, click here.
For a full list of benefits and services available to all alumni, click here.