Elizabeth French, MA
Ms. French's tasks include:
- Working across the School to help plan, implement and communicate about initiatives, collaborations and partnerships (e.g. Gillings Global Gateway, CEPH, diversity)
- Manage programs and coordinate special committees and initiatives, including SPH2020
- Play a key role on the SPH2020 task forces
- Provide editorial support for School documents, webpages, brochures and other materials
- Facilitate committee management and nominations of SPH faculty and staff for key University and Schoolwide awards, such as distinguished professorships, as well as from other organizations (e.g. ASPPH)
- Serves as a member of the Coordination Group
Patient Advocacy: Healing the Healthcare System, HBEH 727 | Syllabus
Health care delivery
Patient and health advocacy
Over ten years of work on projects that define and explore Patient Advocacy as a public health area
Sponsored two national conferences on patient advocacy
Co-edited a book, Patient Advocacy for Health Care Quality (2008)
Co-guest edited March/April 2009 issue of the NC Medical Journal, which was focused on patient advocacy
Instructor for 3-credit interdisciplinary graduate seminar on patient advocacy
General administration of schoolwide initiatives, including SPH2020 initiatives.
Health Behavior Adjunct availability
Advisor on a special project
Classroom or continuing education lecture
Student practice supervision
Issue Brief: Patient Advocacy: Putting the Vocabulary of Patient-Centered Care into Action. French, EA, Gilkey, MB and Earp, JA (2009).
Patient Advocacy for Health Care Quality: Strategies for Achieving Patient-Centered Care. Earp, JA, French, EA, Gilkey, MB (2007).
Applying Health Education Theory to Patient Safety Programs: Three Case Studies. Gilkey, MB, Earp, JA, and French, EA (2008).
MA, English, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1994
BA, English and History, West Virginia University, 1986